Saturday, January 2, 2016

My Walk Through Life 1/2/2016


I slacked off on getting a blog entry yesterday. I spent part of the day napping after a rough night of playing board games. I also put away Christmas decorations.
   I hope you all had a great New Years. This was the first New Years I was awake for it in many years. I went to a friends house we participated in the New Years tradition of my past: playing board games. Apples to Apples is fun but playing with teenagers and a 10 year old boy puts a spin on it. I hadn't been around kids those ages in awhile so you have to think like them them to win any point cards. I did better with the board game version of 20 Questions, although those teenagers are pretty smart. If you want a good game to add to your collection, 20 Questions is a great one. I have never seen it regular stores. It is available at Amazon.com and they have different versions.
   Last night I met up with a small group of my friends for dinner and conversation. I had been in the house with my mother for a week. A stroke has left her unable to talk, so conversation is very limited. It is nice to go out with friends and we talked for four hours. I am sure the restaurant we were at was ready to get us out so they could clean and close. We didn't quite close the place down, but it was close. I have mentioned this before but I can never mention it enough. If you are bored and/or lonely and need to meet people with interests that you share, check into your local meetup.com website. It is not a singles site but a site to allow you to meet up with people who share your interests whether it is wine drinking, hiking, history, movies, networking, etc. I am part of a social group and we socialize. We may meet up for live music, happy hour, a ballet, board games, or whatever catches our fancy at the time. It is the best thing I have done for myself in 2015.
   Looking into my new year, I do have my own set of goals and adventures coming up. Next weekend I will be with my friends and kids in Virginia.
   I have a gym membership and about 35 pounds to lose. I had been sick most of November and December with sinus infection and flu. Now I have to make sure I start back at the gym. I have a reunion in September and would like to be a sexy hot mama.
   I am looking forward to my school reunion. We had one in 2015 in Las Vegas. Had so much fun, we are doing it again!
   I want to get some good geocaching in. I enjoy the treasure hunt of geocaching. I have seen some fun places during the hunt. My problem is, I don't like going out by myself. When the weather gets warm, I have a teenager and a 10 year old I am going to kidnap and drag out with me. I am also not very good at the hobby, so they will probably be a great asset. If you are looking for something different to do, check out Geocaching. It is a great way to unplug and get some fresh air. It is a hobby that can be done all over the world. Have gps, will travel! I have a bag I travel with. I keep small trinkets to trade out if I find something good in the cache. Never know what will be there. Pen knives, gift cards, kids jewelry, souvenirs, and such.
Geocaching


 You just never know what around you  is a geocache. This one looks pretty official, but it is a geocache. A small treasure is hidden inside.
   My 2016 is also looking good for local road trips and ghost hunting. I am always up for road trips and ghost hunting!
   In 2015, I have collected some great friends and have connected with some family members. I am planning to yard sale with my aunt, hang out with my brothers family, and go on adventures with my friends. I see no ugliness in my upcoming year. Only positive.
   I am wishing you the same.


Since I do not work out of home, and I have so many things to do and places to go, I have several small online accounts that I build up savings with. Shopping apps, writing pages, ebay, etc. (I will post them a bit at a time. I have some posted on my past entries.). I also put all my five dollar bills and coins in a savings account. If I have an extra one dollar bill or two around, I buy lotto tickets. All small winnings go into another lotto ticket. Anything over 5 dollars go straight to my bank account. I am not getting rich quick, but it will get me to Las Vegas in September.
   I just read an article on different ways to make money on getting fit in 2016. Here is that article for you to read. Might help us all get into that one resolution we all make every year.
Make Money


FREEBIES


Send free teabags to a friend to brighten their day
YogiTea

Free coffee samples from CaffeMonte
free coffee

Free coffee and tea samples. Ok, I ordered this before I read about it. It is mushroom infused. Eww. I don't like mushrooms. My brother in law did sell this type of coffee at one point. I guess he likes it?
Try it if you dare. It is healthy according to the website
Matrixoflife

Free Cruise. I haven't been able to take advantage of this one but it is a great deal. I like FREE.
Cruise

Sweepstakes

Enter to win a Bella Slow Cooker
Win


No comments:

Post a Comment