Saturday, January 23, 2016

My Walk Through Life 1/23/2016


The Reason I Use Frequent Shoppers Cards



This was my shopping expedition yesterday. All of this was free except for the cereal. This is why I push the shoppers cards. I had downloaded the free items from City Market/Kroger/King Sooper. I get notified on Facebook when the free items are available, usually every Friday. They had some extras this past week. I am too old for Lucky Charms, but I love them. They were only $1,99 because I used my City Market card. My only regret is I didn't look for a coupon first. Today I will scan the receipt with ReceiptHog and earn points that will transfer into cash. I will also check out Ibotta for a money rebate. I can actually enjoy shopping when I use my apps. Of course, before I walked into City Market, I had to turn on my ShopKick App to get even more points. Working towards a Walmart Card.

I am Making Money this morning. I played some games on my phone using Perk. I also ran some videos while checking on Facebook. Now, as I write this, I am running videos on my phone with Swagbucks. The more points the more money. I am on my way to putting $25 into my paypal account.

I discovered a new earning site, similar to Swagbucks
gifthulk





Reuse Plastic Grocery Bags

Ok, we should all be taking our own bags to the store. I am having a hard time making a habit of this, I am sad to say. So, I take some to Walmart for them to recycle and I reuse others. They are good to line my small trash cans and I always keep one next to my mother to put her used tissues in or to put her sewing thread cuttings in.
  There are other uses also:
Use them to pick up after your doggy when going out for walks.
Use as extra padding when shipping out packages.
Keep a couple in a diaper bag to for dirty diapers. I always put the dirty diapers in one before
   throwing it away in public places. Seems nicer and cleaner.
Put your shoes in plastic bags before putting them in your luggage. Keeps any dirt from transferring
  on to clean clothes.
Cover outdoor plants to keep from them getting covered with frost.
Put bags over your shoes if you have to walk through mud to get to your car. I used this one a lot
   when I lived in West Virginia. We had just built a house and grass had not yet filled in. This kept
   my shoes clean for work.
Wrap them around your knees before digging in  your garden. It will keep your clean and give some
   added cushion.
Keep a few bags in your car. They are good to use for trash bags and also to hang from a window if
   your car breaks down.
Use them as fillers around pipes if you have a drafty spot. It can be used temporarily until you get it
   sealed.
Use as a hand mitt to spread onto wood.


And if you are a crafter, here are some ways to make things from bags, including yarn
Plastic bag crafts

FYI: If you do take your own bags to the grocery store, don't forget to clean the frequently, especially if you use them to carry meat.

FREEBIES

I grab these whenever I see them. I love tea!
Free

Frisbees

On this day in 1957, Wham-O toy company invented the flying disc that is known as a frisbee. I would encourage everyone to go out and play, but since many of your are buried in snow I guess you can use the as doll sleds or to dig out snow.
































































No comments:

Post a Comment