Thursday, December 31, 2015

My Walk Through Life 12/31/2015

Wow. Is this year really over? So many changes in one year that it has gone by so fast.
    I started the year being unemployed and miserable. I was still adjusting to my new home in Colorado and really missing my friends in Virginia. I met a small group of fellow ghost hunters on a group on facebook. They became my only friends and we met up as often as their lives allowed. I had all the free time in the world, but they have families and/or jobs. With them this year, we had some good ghost hunting adventures. The photo below was the only odd one I have ever taken. We can't determine what the circled figure is. We were not comfortable at this cemetery, which previously has been a very comforting place. A very strange night.




I finally got hired on at Home Depot for a short time. I had to leave that job to stay home once again to help take care of my mother. I was finding it hard to be home alone all week, then have my mother move in for a few days. It would have been easier if she talks, but a stroke has left her unable to walk or talk. So, not having anyone to talk to was difficult and loneliness was deep in my soul. During the summer I finally bucked it up and joined a meetup.com group. It is a social group and we have a great time. I have met some great ladies that I can go shopping with, go out to eat with, go to the movies with. We also get together with the meetup for happy hour, the ballet, live music, and game nights. These people have added light to my dark life.
  We have a sweet little history museum here and I have started volunteering in their library. I love history and this is helping me learn about the area I live in.
  People from my past have showed up this year also. I went to Vernal, Utah to meet up with a lady I went to high school with and her family. It was fun spending the day with them. Friends from Australia came in for three weeks to be camp hosts at a nearby campground. I have known Anna since 1977 when we were in Hawaii together, working with a theater group.
   The Holidays were nice also. I got to spend time with extended family on Christmas Eve and Christmas. I did miss the kids I left in Virginia but I did talk to them. We will have our time together next weekend when my youngest child and I go back home for a week.
   It has been a good year. I am feeling positive that the new year will be even better.




Freebies

I get pet food samples frequently. Here is one I have already received so can't order again.
Friskies cat food


Sweepstakes

I receive a Recipe4Living  Daily newsletter with recipes but most importantly to me, a link to a daily giveaway. I haven't won yet, but I keep on trying :) Today is a GetFit Precision Body Fat Scale
GetFit Scale

Helpful Hint/Saving Money

One of my friends posted on facebook, asking for a good natural deodorant. My husbands aunt told me what she uses and I have followed suit. No harmful chemicals, and not expensive. Baking Soda. I found a cute powder puff set on Amazon and keep baking soda in it. It works great.

This is a not an info packed blog today but I have to bake bread and cook soup for game night. Have errands to run, etc. It should be a fun filled evening, shared with friends. Stay safe and many blessing for the new year.


No comments:

Post a Comment