Thursday, January 7, 2016

My Walk Through Life 1/7/2016


I woke up early today. Getting excited to leave for Virginia and there is so much to do yet. I am sad about putting my dogs in the kennel. Especially the little old, blind, deaf guy. He will be confused and miserable. No choice though, unfortunately.
  This will be my last entry for a few days. I will be enjoying my kids and friends.

It has been cold and flu season. I had both so it has been a rough couple of months. Here are some easy ideas to help you get through it.
   My brothers doctor told him to spray saline in his nose as soon as a cold starts to set in. It has helped keep colds at bay for 10 years now.
   If your nose is stuffy, suck on a peppermint. Peppermint helps open the nasal passages. The stronger, the better.
   Chicken noodle soup does the same. It also help keep you hydrated and energizes your body. Or eat some horse radish.
   In the olden days, a mustard plaster was used to relieve chest congestion. You can do the same by rubbing yellow mustard on your chest and place a warm, wet wash cloth over it.
   Drinking hot tea helps replace lost bodily fluids and relieves congestion.
   To help you sleep at night, eat a teaspoon of honey or add it to hot tea. I thought the caffeine would keep me awake, but I have found I sleep better if I have a cup of tea with honey and lemon.

Make Money At Home
  While drinking my coffee in the morning, I work on the small bank accounts that I have online. This is the money I will use on some upcoming vacations I would like to take.
   I run Swagbucks videos on  my phone while I earn points on my computer by taking Swagbucks polls and looking at their offers.
   I just signed up for Instant Gift Cards and got $10 just for signing up. I added $5 to this by completing tasks. You can redeem in gift cards or cash. I plan to opt for cash.
   Another site that offers cash or gift cards is Perk. Phone app to watch videos, play games and more.
  Anytime I spend money and get a receipt I use Receipt Hog and Ibotta to get money back. My small accounts are adding up nicely. 

Freebies

I always get free magazines from this site. As a business, I usually use my home selling business, so Rhondas store, or something like that. They are giving away a free subscription to Better Homes and Gardens.
Free Mag

















No comments:

Post a Comment