Monday, January 4, 2016

My Walk Through Life 1/4/2016


This day every year is a little sad for me. Jan 4, 2009 my husband lost his battle with cancer. Every year is easier to get through, but the memories still hit hard. I put on IHeartRadio on the Casey Kasem station. They are playing the top 100 hits of 1985, which is the year I was married. Just enjoying happy memories today.
 
   I am gearing up for my vacation back home to Virginia. Pulled out my paperwork and realized I don't see a rental car on it. I have spent much of the morning on hold with various agencies trying to figure out if I have to order a car or if there will be one waiting for me in Dulles airport. The phone systems at NavyFederalCreditUnion are having problems (I made reservations using my credit card points so got to start there) and then my phone died, so this still is not rectified. GRRRRR...

  Listening to the 1985 music, I just heard Ashford and Simpson's Solid as a Rock. This is truly an amazing love story. She was working at a church that was hosting a homeless meal. She heard someone playing the piano, and it ended up being a homeless man and her future husband. Maya Angelou and Ashford and Simpson put an album out in 1996 called Been Found. It is a wonderful collaboration and I recommend it be listened to at least once by every body.

 
Sweepstakes

Do you like coffee? Do you have a Krups? Check out their facebook page. There are a couple of sweepstakes on it
Krups

Ethan Allen is giving away a shopping spree!
Ethan Allen

GrillBot Grill Cleaner giveaway.
Grill Cleaner

FREEBIES

Are you a Broncos fan? Get a free fan kit here. Looks to include a pennant, and maybe a decal and stickers.
Bronco Kit

Walmart.com has some good coupons to download. Didn't see any free samples today
walmart


I like to earn free money doing simple things. Receipt Hog is a phone app you can use to snap photos of your receipts and earn points to turn into cash. When you sign up please use my referral, stund428.
Receipt Hog


There is another phone app that is good for making money. OfferUp. If you have items you want to buy or sell, check into OfferUp. It is local, so you make arrangements to meet buyers/sellers (I recommend a nice public parking lot) to do transactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment