Monday, January 25, 2016

My Walk Through Life 1/25/2016


I have been reading and hearing more and more on this subject, and it is starting to really get me upset. Not only do men make more money than women in many cases, but women are being charged more for items and services. One example I keep seeing is a boys scooter vs. a girls scooter, Same scooter, but I guess the pink paint is more expensive than the blue? The girls scooter was $20 more! 
  Next time you go to the store to buy your body wash, razor, or shampoo,  check out the prices of the same products that are made specifically for men and compare to the products made for women. Ok, I am not sure I want to smell like a man, but I will be looking at the razors. 
  Research shows that women pay more for similar clothing, also, such as jeans. 
  CBS did a piece on how a couple of their producers, one man and one woman, went to the same dry cleaners with the same shirt. Women were charged more at most of the places. It makes me wonder where else we get charged more being a woman. My thoughts go to car dealerships, maintenance people, etc. So, we either find a way to fight this or make sure a man always takes in dry cleaning and takes your car to get it fixed. Just in case.



                                                       Image from ClassroomClipart.com

If you have a Valentine and are crafty, here is a page full of things you can make.
Valentines


FREEBIES

Free Family Circle magazine
Free

Free Western Horseman Magazine
Free

Even though many are buried under snow, I am sure you are planning your spring gardens. Here are some free items to start collecting
Free

L'Oreal is generous with free samples. I didn't order this one. It is for straight hair. A problem I do not have. 
Free


Sweepstakes

Win a Rybio Lithium Tools Collection
Win

Enter to win a Jimi Hendrix Stratocast Guitar and other Jimi Hendrix items
Win


Make Money From Home

I tried to do direct sales. It is not for me. Once upon a time, but not any more. I make more money doing surveys from the comfort of my own sofa than trying to sell Avon, Thirty One, Tupperware, etc.
I am getting ready to transfer money to my PayPal account from MintVine Surveys.

I just started using Daily Breaks. It is different from many of the survey sites I use and is actually kind of fun. You can get all sorts of information from this site as well as recipes. They don't only take your info. They share!























No comments:

Post a Comment