Monday, January 18, 2016

My Walk Through Life 1/18/2016

I haven't done anything since I have been back from Virginia, so there isn't much to write on my less than exciting life. So, I will post some Valentines ideas, freebies, sweepstakes, and helpful hint.


Unplug the Kids

It is nearing Valentines Day, or so the stores keep showing me by all the pink and red displays, which started immediately, if not before, Christmas. This year, instead of taking the easy way out and picking up the cheap paper Valentine cards that everyone else will be giving out, sit with your children and make homemade cards. One year, we cut out and decorated butterfly wings and taped them to a stick of gum. Another year, we put small candy into zippered plastic snack bags. We used a hole punch at the top of the bag and with a ribbon and homemade tag, we labeled each with the name of each classmate.

Here are some more ideas from ParentMap
Valentines





In My Inbox

I have become more social, so I have started wearing a little bit of make up. I know there are "rules" for older people,  but I read some "rules" for girls with glasses.
Makeup with glasses

FREEBIES

Free sample of your choice of deodorant
Free

Free tea sample from Hyson
Free

Sweepstakes

If you want to go to the SuperBowl, enter to win with Radio.com
Win

I am trying to get my washer through the winter, but not sure how much longer is it going to last. I hope to win a new washer and dryer from Speed Queen
Win

I love to enter contests run by magazines. If you follow suit, be careful. It is possible to enter the contest without subscribing to the magazines, but you have to read a bit and make sure you enter at the right spot. This is a Womans Day contest. They have a nice list of  prizes. Enter here to win a Dove prize package
Win

I go to Kmart to shop sometimes, and I have a rewards card. Discounts are always good. There is a contest page for Kmart and Sears. I go there frequently to enter their long list of contests. Some are for points to use on your shopping trips. I win frequently here.
Win

No comments:

Post a Comment