Wednesday, January 20, 2016

My Walk Through Life 1/20/2016


I have to spend quite a bit of time at home, sitting with my mother. So, I am always looking at ways to save money, make money, bank money. There are some good programs out there. I am test driving many of them and will pass my discoveries to my readers. One program I have been on for many years is MyPoints. I get free gift cards for Christmas shopping every year. I do some of my online shopping from this site to get more points, but most of my points build up by opening email. They send out only a few a day, so not hard to keep up on. You can also take surveys and play games to rack up more points. It is free, which is my favorite price.

  Join MyPoints NOW!

My new discovery is Perk app. You can watch videos, play trivia, play scratch off cards and more. Again, it is free to join. After you accumulate a certain amount of points, transfer them into cash.
Perk

I have bought my first Christmas present for the next Christmas. Found a great used item for one of the collectors I shop for. I love facebook shopping. You never know what you can find on the yard sale pages.

I am able to turn my Ibotta points into cash. Got my first $20 through them. Woohoo! If you buy stuff, you should have the Ibotta app.
Ibotta





Candy you ate as a kid®

FREEBIES

Get a free subscription of Diabetic Living. While there, if you are prompted to join RewardSurvey, it is a great survey site, if you like magazines. They only send out a limited amount of surveys so they don't jam up your inbox. Points are quick to add up and you can order magazines, digital magazines and books.
Free

Free sample of Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo and Conditioner
Free

Helpful Hint

I drink a lot of coffee. Here are some great uses for coffee grounds from Mother Earth News
Reuse





©  | Dreamstime Stock Photos



Unplug

Homemade Bird Treats


Here are some fun recipes the birds will enjoy

High Protein Birdie Treats
4 cups suet or solid kitchen fat
1 cup cracker or bread crumbs
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup millet
1/4 cup dried fruit such as raisins, currants or dates
1/4 cup peanuts or peanut butter
1. Melt the suet or fat in a large, heavy saucepan until it is liquid. Remove from heat and allow it to cool until slightly thickened
2. In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and pour the cooled suet over the mixture. Stir thoroughly
3. While the mixture is still warm and pliable, you can spread it onto tree trunks or tree limbs, pack it into the spaces in pinecones and hang them from tree limbs, or spread it into a baking pan or several cake pans and refrigerate overnight. When the treats are hard, cut them into squares that will fit your feeder.

Soft Peanut Butter Treat
1 cup suet or solid fat
1 cup peanut butter
3 cups cornmeal
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup bread, cookie, or cracker crumbs
1. Melt the suet or fat in a heavy saucepan and when the fat is liquid, add the peanut butter and cornmeal. Stir and mix completely. Remove from heat. Add flour and crumbs and allow cooling and thickening slightly before packing or smearing on tree trunks, as described above.


No comments:

Post a Comment