Saturday, February 6, 2016

My Walk Through Life 2/6/2016

Hello Kitty Plastic Easter Egg and Stickers
It is Super Bowl Weekend. I am not a football fan, but living in Colorado, the excitement level is high. I am looking forward to seeing some of the commercials, however. 

My weekend will consist of me working on projects on my computer while my mother does her jigsaw puzzle. Neither one of us are into football.

While sitting on my computer, I am researching things to share with my readers. So here goes:

I discovered a great new shopping site. The Greater Good is a site that share profits with organizations such as wild life preservation, veterans, and various health organizations. I found some nice things to buy for birthdays and Christmas this upcoming year. 

Freebies

Free Wild Food samples. You can order two. I ordered tea and coffee but there is a choice of other items also.
Free


Sweepstakes

Win a houseboat trip on Lake Powell
Win

Win a $1000 from Readers Digest
Win


Do you want the old time candy that you miss from your childhood? Check out OldTymeCandy


Laundry Tips
Get your clothes brighter by adding 2 tablespoons of salt per load 
   of wash. It helps hod the colors in the fabric.
When washing dark clothes for the first time, use cold water and a
   cup of table salt to help colors set.
If you are like me and still hang out your clothes when weather 
   allows, boil wooden clothespins in salt water before using and 
   they will last longer.
Clean your iron by putting salt on a damp cloth and rubbing on the 
   iron surface.
For stains on white clothes, use a rinse of cold water and lemon
   juice then lay the item out in the sun. The combination of lemon
   and sun will lighten the stain.
For sweat stains, crush 2 aspirins and add to 1/2 cup water in a 
   bowl. Soak shirt for 3 hours then wash as usual.
Ring around the collar: color the stain with white chalk. Let the
   chalk soak up the grease for a couple of minutes. Wipe off the
   excess chalk, and then launder as usual. 

Unplug

It is cold outside. Here is something to keep the young ones entertained.

Water Color Paint
   Needed:
1 Tablespoon white vinegar
2 Tablespoons baking soda
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon glycerin
Food coloring
   Mix vinegar and baking soda in a small bowl. When mixture stops bubbling, add cornstarch and glycerin. Mix well. Pour mixture into bottle caps from 2-liter soda bottles or into egg carton cups. Let dry overnight. Wet your paint brush and rub it along the paint to paint your pictures.

Sweet Smelly Pictures
   Needed:
Water Color Paint (above)
Craft glue
Fruit flavored gelatin
Paper
Paintbrush
   Draw or trace a picture. Paint the picture with water colors. When the picture is dry, spread craft glue lightly over the picture. Sprinkle gelatin lightly on the wet glue. When the picture is dry, the glue will be clear and the picture will have a sweet fruity smell. 

I would love to feature your artwork. Send photos to rksteele13@yahoo.com or Instagram My_Attempt_At_ Life





Earn Gift Cards for Your Online Activity from MyPoints.

No comments:

Post a Comment