Tuesday, February 23, 2016

My Walk Through Life 2/23/2016



Spring is coming. Thank goodness. We had a couple of warmish days so I was out in the yard trying to clean up and get ready for the grass to grow, the roses to bloom, and company to come over. The "S" word has been bandied about on the news for the last couple of days, but I hope it stays in the mountains and leaves me alone!
  When the temperature hits above 50 degrees and the sun smiles brightly, I get happy feet and want to head out and DO SOMETHING! Geocaching season is coming up, and with the Leap Year, there are a couple of events, so I am excited! If you do not know what geocaching is, it is a great way to unplug and get outdoors. Grab the family, friends, neighbors and go on a worldwide treasure hunt. Using a GPS and information at Geocaching.com, you can find hidden containers. Some of these containers are big enough to hold several "treasures" that you can trade out for (put something in, take something out), and a note pad to sign up that you had been there. These caches can be anywhere, and some are tiny enough just to hold a very tiny notepad (bring your own writing tool). If you look at the online map, you will see that some are underwater, some are in caves, some are in trees, you just don't know. They are in Walmart parking lots, at many tourist sites. Some are easy to get to, some are not. All are exciting to find.
You log on to your geocaching account and smiley faces will show up on your personal map to show where you have been. This is a great way to get the kids outside. Good for all ages.

I was at City Market the other day, so put on my Shopkick to get my walk in points. They have some good daily deals, so I need to remember to check more often. I wish I would have picked up the Aleve that day. Darn. Missed that deal.

I want to learn how to use the fancy camera that I inherited. There is so many buttons and a full menu of stuff that I don't understand. Maybe if I learn how to use the camera, I can learn to take better photos. I found a great deal on an online course through LivingSocial. I can take it real time or on a delay, but it online, so I will take the course from the comfort of my sofa.







Save 50% on All Easter Candy Orders at OldTimeCandy.com! No Code Required! Click Here!



Do you love British TV shows as much as I do? If you do, here is a map to show show you where in the UK the shows are located. 
Map

Sweepstakes

Win a trip for two on Delta
Win

Win a Trip to IHeart awards in LA
Win

Win a trip of choice from Gortons
Win

Have you ever fondued? What great fun my friends and I had. It takes forever to eat and get full, so make sure you have the time. What a great way to enjoy friends, conversation, and some laughs.













Win a fondue set

Win


FREEBIES

Free coffee or tea. A little odd. Made with mushrooms
Free
Free pain relieving patch
Free




No comments:

Post a Comment