Saturday, February 13, 2016

My Walk Through Life 2/13/2016




Ways To Build A Savings Account

I am a widow on a pension, and I have to stretch my monthly paycheck as far as I can get it to stretch. I have some reunions and other trips I would like to go on, so I have to think of creative ways to build a savings account. I have various accounts building on Ibotta, Checkout51, etc (all listed on my Make Money at Home Page) but I have other things going on also. 
   Every bit of change I put my hands on goes into my "piggy bank", which transfers into my savings account. I started putting my one dollar bills in also, but it wasn't building very quickly. Now I put my five dollar bills inside instead. If I have a stray buck around, I buy scratch off lotto tickets. My winnings go into the bank. (I don't buy many and I DO win a few dollars back. When I quit winning, I will quit this) 
   With bargains and careful shopping, I usually manage to still have money in my checking account at the end of the month. When my new check goes in, I transfer what is left from my old check into my savings account. Then I start my month of saving all over again.
   With the big move I made across country, and with being unemployed for six months after getting here, my credit cards got maxed out. I went from using none, to being buried by them. So, I am  on a budget and working hard to get the cards paid off. When I pay off one of my cards/loans, I roll that money into another one. If I was paying $75 a month on one bill and paid it off, I add that money into the bill I pay $35 so pay $110. I see a light at the end of the tunnel!

Please send me any other ideas to save money!! 




Collector, Inc. Think Spring and start buying outdoor and Easter decorations.

President’s Day Sale: Up to 80% OFF with FREE SHIPPING on $40+!


Are you a Walmart shopper? They are proud that they compare prices to save you money, but I despise going through the flyers and trying to figure out what is on sell elsewhere, spending time showing the cashier, etc. I am not the only one, so Walmart has Savings Catcher. You can scan the ICR code on your receipt with the Savings Catcher app, or go online to Walmart.com and putting in the numbers required. You will get money back on an Walmart ecard. 

If you are looking for costumes or accessories for Easter, St Patricks Day, or upcoming birthday parties, check this out.  www.costumes4less.com

No comments:

Post a Comment