Friday, February 26, 2016

My Walk Through Life 2/26/2016



I have had a fun filled week and my weekend calendar is full also. Tuesday, I met up with friends for a full moon pot luck and bonfire at the river. I made a crowd pleasing pan of ham and cheese sliders. Recipe below.
  Last night I met friends for the best Chinese food I have had in a long time. Then karaoke. I haven't braved standing up there by myself yet, but we killed songs in a group. The college students seem to tolerate the group of old people that keep invading this dive bar every Thursday. They have started to sing and dance with us also. 
  Upcoming this weekend is some live music, more karaoke, and the play "The Mystery of Edwin Drood". I am going to try to throw in some geocaching because the weather is nice, the sun is shining, and I get restless.



I have a high school reunion to prepare for. I have started looking at tickets, hotels, and my bank account. Yesterday, I took the $5 bills and change that I have been saving for the past year. Nearly $300! Now to come up with about $400 more. It is doable. I have $100 in my Fiverr.com account. I am getting ready to put $25 into my paypal account from Swagbucks. My Ibotta account is growing (if I shopped more, it would grow quicker). I have smaller money making accounts also, but they might not help me as much as the ones listed above. I am looking forward to seeing my faraway friends in September.







FREEBIES

Free Donkey Ollie DVDs for children. (I have no children but this looks cute. I believe it is Christian based)
Free

Free Zing Zero by Stevia. (I only do sugar, so didn't order this one)
Free

If you are a fan of Victoria's Secret, here is a chance to get free rewards cards. Send a SASE to
Victoria's Secret Secret Reward Promotion
PO Box 139024
Dallas, TX 75313
  You can send one entry a day. Hand write envelope and any note and copy the address exactly as above. Use only a no. 10 envelope.
With each entry, you will receive a rewards card worth $10-$500.

Sweepstakes

Win $1000 in Renuzit Sensitive home products
Win

Win a Vitamix Blender
Win


Win a trip to London. This is a magazine subscription, so make sure you push the right link if you don't want to subscribe
Win

Win $125 Target gift card
Win


My Crowd Pleasing Recipe (Thanks to various posts on Pinterest)
Ham and Cheese Sliders
  Preheat Oven to 325F
24 Hawaiian Sweet Bread Rolls, cut in half
8 slices of swiss cheese
package of deli ham
Dill pickle chips
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
a stick of butter, melted
   
  Line the bottom parts of the rolls in a large greased baking dish or baking sheet. I cut the ham into halves and folded each have onto a roll. Cut the cheese into small pieces to fit onto the roll. Add a pickle. Put the tops back onto each roll. Whisk the Dijon and melted butter together and spread onto the tops of the rolls. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for about 10 minutes more. 





Helpful Hints:
Cleaning the Bathroom

To remove lime deposits from your shower head, fill a plastic bag with enough white vinegar to cover the shower head. Slip and tie the bag over the shower head. Soak overnight. To remove the lime around faucets, soak a rag with vinegar and wrap it around the faucet, clipping the a hair clip or secure it with a rubber band. Let it soak overnight. Wipe dry in the morning

Clean shower floors with powdered dishwasher detergent Wear gloves. Sprinkle soap on wet floor then scrub with a brush. Rinse.

Clean bathtub with this mixture: Add one teaspoon of liquid soap and several drops of an antibacterial essential oil such as tea tree, rosemary, or peppermint to one cup of baking soda. Add just enough water to form a paste and use it with a sponge or gentle brush to clean the tub surface. 

To remove mold from tiles and shower curtains, make a mixture of equal parts baking powder and lemon juice. Spread the past on the offending spots and let it sit for a couple of hours. Rinse.

Use hair conditioner to clean bathroom tiles. I always seem to have more conditioner than shampoo, so this is a good way to get rid of it. 

Clean colored porcelain sinks with white vinegar and a plastic scouring pad

Mix salt with turpentine to whiten bathtubs and toilet bowls

Mix salt and lemon juice to remove mildew.

Clean mirrors with air freshener. It is streak-free and smells good

Place an open box of baking soda behind the toilet to absorb odors.

If you have pets, you have pet hair. Use a laundry softener sheet to wipe down the porcelain that tends to collect the hair. I always use on around my toilet base and the bathroom sink. 

Keep diaper wipes handy for quick clean ups. 



No comments:

Post a Comment