Thursday, February 18, 2016

My Walk Through Life 2/18/2016

I am not a fan of Kanye West. I don't like him and I don't enjoy his music. I was rather disgusted when I found out that a fan had started a GoFundMe page to help raise money to pay off West's debt. I found the page, and it is rather amusing. People are paying $5 to tell him he is a "Twit" (to say it nicely). Unfortunately, they have raised over $3000. I think GoFundMe is a great forum, but after looking at some of the sites set up, there should be some monitoring. There are hundreds of sites set up against Kayne. "Send me money, not Kayne". 

Everybody needs a Selfie Toaster. It would make breakfast that much more interesting 
Ebay

Dinner tonight. Adobe Chicken. This was one of my favorite meals at the chow hall when I was in the Navy. We had great Filipino cooks.
Recipe


FREEBIES


Free wine mug. Like the page to get the form to order your free mug.  If you get a survey site pop up, don't follow the link.
Free

SWEEPSTAKES 

Win a Seal A Meal Vacuum Sealer
Win

Win $5000 for kitchen appliances
Win

Win a house in Florida
Win




Other Uses for Tea Bags (I have found these tips from Joey Green, and other resources. Not all have been tested by me, personally)

If you are building a compost heap for the spring planting, brew a
   strong batch of tea and pour it into your compost. It will speed 
   the process of composting and the acid attracts good bacteria to
   make a rich compost.
Put used or unused tea bags around your garden flowers. Cover 
   them with mulch. Whenever they are watered, the nutrients from
   the tea will enrich the soil.
Brew a strong pot of tea. After the tea cools, put it in a spray bottle.
   Spray onto your hair and sit in the sun. The tea will give you red
   or brown highlights.
For Acne: wet a tea bag with warm water and use as a compress 
Blisters: if you get blisters from shoes, apply a wet tea bag to the 
   blister-prone area, twice a day. The tannic acid will toughen the
   spot 
Sprinkle used green tea on a dirty carpet. Let it set for 10 minutes,
   then vacuum. 
After cleaning your wood floors, rub strong tea into the wood and 
   let it air dry. Don't use too much liquid on the wood
Use dried green tea leaves in litter boxes to help eliminate the odor
Use lavender tea bags as deodorizer for cars. Store under the car
   seats or in unused ashtray.
Wet tea bags will soothe pinkeye or tired eyes. They take the sting 
   out of bug bites, sunburn, and sooth blisters or shot injections 
   sites. I guess if it hurts, try tea.
If you have stinky feet problem, soak your feet in strong brewed
   tea twice a day
Burning tea leaves is supposed to be a natural way to deter 
   mosquitoes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment