Monday, March 7, 2016

My Walk Through Life 3/7/2016




3 March 1933, the board game Monopoly was invented. This was one of the first games I played with my family when I was a kid. I grew up with board games. I had Uncle Wiggly, The Beatles, and a marble volcano game, which are three I can remember. 
  Raising children, I made sure that they grew up with board games also. Ants in the Pants, Candy Land, Cooties, and yes, Monopoly. The games became more complex the older they got. We played Clue, Scattergories, Pass the Popcorn, and trivia games.
   My children are all in their 20s now. Board games are still a large part of our lives and our reunions. My married daughter is part of a MeetUp.com group that gets together just to play board games. My group of friends get together once a month to play board games. I don't see my kids often, but when we spend our weekends together, out come the board games. Our favorites: Dominion, Bezzerwizzer, 20 Questions, Mysterium, Ticket to Ride, and SushiGo. 
   I used games to teach my children how to be good winners and good losers. They always won and lost honestly (well except when my children cheated on each other). As they grew, and as we grew apart, games around a table became a great way to catch up on each others lives. We eat, drink, laugh, and talk. It is a wonderful way to spend a weekend.
  By the way, I hate Monopoly.

FREEBIES

Tiphero has posted a list of companies that will send you coupons just for the asking. My son loved Edwards Frozen Pies. He contacted them and told them so. They sent him several coupons for free single serving pies. Companies love to hear how much you like them, and if you give them a valid complaint you may also receive free coupons. Try it.
TipHero
Free Outdoor Life Magazine
Free


Save 50% on All Easter Candy Orders at OldTimeCandy.com! No Code Required! Click Here! 



SWEEPSTAKES

Win a Kitchen Aid Mixer. This is on my must win list 
win

Win a Winter Warm Up breakfast kit, that includes oatmeal, hot chocolate, bowls, and mugs
Win

Enter to win the cutest lady bug or frog truffles from Swiss Colony
Win



Today only: get solar powered fairy lights. Regular 69.99 . today 9.99
Sitewide Sale

No comments:

Post a Comment