Sunday, March 6, 2016

My Walk Through Life 3/6/2016



Karaoke has become my group of friends Thursday night "thing". Dinner, then karaoke. We go to a great little dive bar, frequented by college students. We have become regulars, so the young people are getting used to us, and even have started singing and dancing with us old folks. 
  The first time I had ever seen karaoke was in Japan, the home of its beginnings. Karaoke is derived from Karappo, which means empty and Okesutura which is orchestra. Abbreviated and put together, you have Karaoke. 
  Something I noticed in Japan, is that the business men never seemed to go straight home from work. They would meet friends for drinks, sometimes in karaoke bars. One of these bars was walking distance from the Navy base. Mama-san served great food, but we had to go when we were really hungry. It was clean your plate or get yelled at. The background music was interesting, to say the least. Some of the singing was in Japanese, some in English, Japanese style.
   The Japanese love singing so much, that some of the taxi cabs were equipped with karaoke machines. 
   The craze traveled out of Japan and all over the world. There are home karaoke machines, game systems with singing contest games like Sing Party, and many bars and restaurants have karaoke night. Now James Corden from The Late Late Show does carpool karaoke with stars like Adele, Elton John, and Justin Bieber.
   My first experience with actually singing and not listening was at Sugar Grove Navy Base, West Virginia. It was pretty laid back. We didn't have a stage and the words were on a big screen. We all stood on the dance floor and whoever wanted to sing...did. I won second place in a contest they held. I have never felt comfortable at any other place. I am not very good at standing on a stage in front of people. I am getting close though, at the little dive bar. I have sang with my friends in a group, but am working up my courage to do a solo. 


If you like my Facebook page, you will get extra freebies, sweepstakes, and information.
Like


SHOPPING DEAL

Do you use your iphone for all your photos? There is a lens kit available that can enhance your photo experience with fish eye lens, macro lens, and wide angle. Groupon has a great deal right now. Get a $39.99 set for $7.99. There is also a coupon for $10 off of a $25 order for first time buyers. I personally love Groupon.
Buy


FREEBIES

Free Fancy Feast Cat Food
Free

Free Biotrue Contact Cleaner. When asked what you use now, pick the first one. I didn't qualify this time because I received one within the past year, but I get these every chance I can. I don't have contacts, but I clean my earrings with it.
Free

I am not fond of my ereader. I like a book in my hand, and I also like the cheap yard sale books I find. But, if you do use a kindle, nook, etc, here is a website to get free and inexpensive reading material
Free


SWEEPSTAKES
If you enter sweepstakes, read the rules. Some you can enter daily, some only once. Also, remember taxes will have to be paid on large wins. 

Win a years worth of King Arthur Flour
Win


Win a Car, a Trip, or Money
Win

Win a Prius
Win

Win a Spiralizer. It makes your vegetables into pasta.
Win


Sign up for Ibotta and get $10 on them. Every time you shop, you can get money back. Turn that money into paypal money or gift cards. I LOVE this app.

UNPLUG~~EASTER

Cut the bottom half of an egg carton into thirds, paint them, and attach a pipe cleaner as a handles for the 3 Easter egg containers. Decorate with glitter, buttons, sequins, etc. Put small goodies in plastic eggs and give the baskets away as a gift to friends, neighbors, a teacher, or a family member


Personalized Cups, Napkins and Huggers for your next event at amazing prices. Click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment