Wednesday, December 30, 2015

My Walk Through Life 12/30/2015



Obviously, I am not very good at this blogging. I had a nice new page set up with fun information and dang if it disappeared on me. Now I have to remember what I had written.

First of all was my horrible food photo and the recipe link to the baked apples I made yesterday. The recipe was found on Pinterest, which is where most of my recipes come from anymore. Takes up less room than cookbooks.



Crockpot Baked Apples


Do You ShopKick?
   Shopkick is a great phone app that allows you to gain points to redeem for FREE items and gift cards. I just turned my points into a $50 Restaurants.com gift card. I do wish I researched this one first. My town isn't big enough for a lot of options, but Free is Free and I get to enjoy a meal at one of my favorite Mexican restaurants. I think I will get a Target card next time.
   It is easy to get points. Just turn your app on before you walk into Walmart, Target, Lowes, Kroger, and many more stores. You don't have to purchase a thing. You get "kicks" just for walking in. There are ways to get even more kicks. Check the deals before you go shopping. Some stores will offer extra kicks for purchasing certain items or a certain dollar amount. If you link it to a credit card, you will get more points for shopping at certain stores. Also there is an option to scan items with your phone. Each store has a list of items and if you scan the bar code, more points. Some you can do while standing in the check out line.
  Another option is to get your friends to join. You get points for their activity.
Join ShopKick


What I Learned On Facebook:
   Are you on a gluten free diet? Watch those eggs at IHOP. They add a touch of pancake batter to their omelets and scrambled eggs.

   I love FREE. When a new Chick-fil-A opens its doors, the first 100 customers get free food weekly for a year.

FREEBIES FROM MY INBOX: (I ordered them before I posted them)

Get a free air freshener for your car.
Air Freshener

I collect all the free tea and coffee samples I can find. Here is one to share with you
Free Tea Sample

Sweepstakes:

Win a Trip to France
This trip is offered through Williams Sonoma. Kudos to them for offering a 15% military discount on all purchases.

Recipe Lion is a daily newsletter that I receive. They have some good recipes but they also have great giveaways. Right now they have sweepstakes for cookware, a grill cleaner, and a holiday gift basket full of edible goodies
Foodie Reviews and Giveaways

No comments:

Post a Comment