Thursday, May 5, 2016

My Walk Through Life 5/5/2016




As I look at my email today, and see a Paypal transaction notification, I want to remind people, or make them aware, that if Paypal REALLY sends you an email, it will addressed to you by name. I have been hacked twice on my account, through no fault of my own that I can tell, but I always look for ways to stay safer on the internet. 

As the weather gets warmer, my clothes get thinner and not as bulky. I realize how bulky I am. I have a gym membership that I bought thinking that if I am paying for it, I will use it. I did...for awhile. I need to get back on that treadmill. My little hiking trips are killing me. Reading a pile of FREE magazines, I came across an article in Weight Watchers. Here are some fun ways lazy people can get excercise:
  1. Walk a dog. If you don't have one, borrow one periodically
  2. Every time you are in a car and it stops at a red light, squeeze your abs until the light turns green. 
  3. Do squats. Whenever you are waiting for water to boil, when you are drying your hands, etc, squat.
  4. Pick a spot to keep your phone that will force you to get up and walk to see your messages.
  5. Spring clean. Making your house sparkle burns 400 calories per hour.
  6. When you are in the kitchen waiting for you coffee to brew, do some incline push-ups using the countertop.
  7. You can burn 167 calories by washing your car
  8. If you are watching Netflix, and it asks you if you are still watching, get up and do 10 jumping jacks
  9. Take a 15 minute walk after dinner
  10. Download the app Zombies, Run! Every time you walk, run, jog it will move your character away from the Zombies.
  11. Switch from a purse to a backpack. Carrying a loaded backpack strengthens your back and core.
  12. When you are doing dishes (am I the only one who washes dishes?) tighten your abs and lift your heels off the floor until you are standing on your tippy toes. Hold for 2 seconds.
  There are many more in the magazine: Mar/Apr 2016 edition. These were some of my favorites.





MAKE MONEY AT HOME

If you are working on your weight and health, you can make money doing it by using the app Pact. Every week you commit to reach a goal. If you don't reach your goal, you will pay out. If you do, you will be paid by members who didn't. 





SWEEPSTAKES

Win a $500 Visa or American Express Card from Dummies
Win

Win a new deck
Win


FREEBIES

Free Avery Ultra Tabs. Great to help organize my genealogy files
free

Free Subscription of Family Circle magazine
Free

No comments:

Post a Comment