Friday, April 1, 2016

My Walk Through Life 4/1/2016

I was going to write an article about how April Fools Day started, but according to Time.com, no one really knows. It is rather a silly holiday, one I really didn't participate in. I remember in school the biggest trick was "Your shoe's untied". It always amazed me how many people fell for that one throughout the day. 
   I have a friend who makes a big deal of the day, and works hard to fool her boys with silly things like gluing a quarter to their pathway or making a fake cake. I don't have the imagination to sit and think of pranks, but I think I would have participated in the fun if Pinterest had been around when my kids were at home. Here are some I saw:
   Take a flat rock and in pretty letters write "Turn me Over". On the other side write "You just took orders from a rock".  
   Put something scary in the mailbox and have your kid or spouse get the mail.
   Put bubble wrap under a floor rug.
   Add food coloring to milk. This doesn't work if the person you are pranking is color blind. We turned our teen adviser's milk green but he didn't notice it. Looked normal to him.
   Fake bugs and dog poo are always good.
   Put google eyes on everything in your refrigerator. 
Maybe these ideas will jump start your imagination. Have fun, and hey. Your shoe's untied.




I found an easy recipe for dog biscuits and my dogs love them. Mix 2 cups of wheat flour (or rice flour, oats, etc) and 2 4oz jars of baby food in flavors like sweet potato, chicken, apple, etc). Make a stiff dough adding more liquid (I use chicken broth) or flour if needed. On a lightly floured counter, roll the dough out to about 1/4 inch thick. Cut them out with cookie cutters or use a pizza cutter to cut squares. Put them on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 or 25 minutes at 350F. Store them in a paper bag otherwise they may get soft and mold.
For a list of what not to feed your dog List
   I have a picky dog who does not like Old Roy, and certain flavors in the multi flavor packs. He loves these cookies. I have made sweet pototato and sweet potato/chicken/apple so far. 
   

Make Money From Home

I have discovered another site. This one is like Pinterest, but is more for items you are shopping for. I have made money on this site. Not sure how, exactly, but hey, works for me. I will work this site and see if I can get to the point to cash out. 
Shopswell


Free


Free and discounted ebooks
Free

File Your Taxes For Free 


There are too many fake freebies out there today so I will post good ones tomorrow if I find any

Sweepstakes

Spring Fling, lots of chocolate
Win


Mystery Box Prizes. Sorry, I have no idea
Win

Win Kitchen Cabinet Makeover
Win


Did you know....
  To slow down the aging of your skin, do not wash your face until after you rinse all the shampoo and conditioner from your hair. This insures you get all the chemicals from your skin. (First heard on Dr Oz)




I recently joined influenster.com. I answered questions, linked my social media, have done reviews, and I got the above in a box to try for free. (the Celestial Seasonings was not included. Separate freebie that day). It was an exciting day! 

www.influenster.com/r/1588013






No comments:

Post a Comment