Monday, February 5, 2024

My Walk Through Life 2/5/2024

 Last night the Grammy's were handed out. Fun fact, the statues are made by John Billings and a small team in a sweet Colorado town, called Ridgeway. This is also the area the John Wayne movie, True Grit, was filmed. There is a restaurant called True Grit which is worth the visit if you are in the area.

I was not able to watch the show last night, but saw some highlights on the news this morning. I was not surprised that Taylor Swift won so many awards, and not really surprised that Miley Cyrus mentioned not wearing underwear. I will have to research on youtube and see if I can find the whole segment with Tracy Chapman and Luke Combs singing a duet of Fast Car.

Her first album, self titled Tracy Chapman, came out in 1988, which included Fast Car. It was such a hit that Kim Waylans did a spoof of it, "I Write a Fast Song", on the tv show Living Color. 

I love Fast Car, but my favorite song is Baby Can I Hold You?. I recommend this album, on Cd, Spotify, Vinyl, which ever means you listen to music on. I personally have my original album.

Tracy Chapman does not tour any more. I am hoping that last nights appearance on television might lead up to a tour. I would be honored to attend.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

FREEBIES

If you love to fish and live in the Northeast, here is a free special edition to On the Water Bass Magazine.

Free

SAVE THE DATE: February 13th is Pancake Day at IHOP. Get a free short stack of pancakes from 7am to 7pm. If you are a regular customer, be sure to join their reward program.

Free samples of Brilliance shampoo and conditioner are being offered by SeaKind.

Free

SWEEPSTAKES

Enter to win a Kodak PixPro Beach Camera.

Enter

Enter to win a NFL gift card. Spin to Win

Enter

_____________________________________________________________________________________

If you look under the tab about turning off the TV, there are some fun Valentine Day ideas and crafts to do with the kids. My kids and I had done most of these when they were in school.

Pinterest has a lot of fun ideas. Here are some that I found that I like, with no candy included:

Buy plastic heart shaped sunglasses and attach them to printed card that says "I've Got an Eye on You Valentine"

Buy crazy straws and add a printed card that says something like "You are an Awesome Crazy Friend. Happy Valentines Day"

Check out Pinterest for more ideas and many of them have printables included. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I am a genealogist. I have been writing and researching for over 25 years. I can help you jump start your research or help find information on family members and ancestors. You can find more information here

No comments:

Post a Comment