Sunday, April 17, 2016

My Walk Through Life 4/17/2016


I am not a country music person. I have my favorite songs, but to just listen to it on the radio, it is not going to happen. Charlie Daniels played here the other night, and I was there. Not many famous people come here, so I thought "what the heck". A night out with friends and listening to live music. I rarely will turn that down.
   The Scooter Brown Band, from Texas, opened. No one knew who they were, but they are a good Southern Rock band. I tweeted Mr. Daniels to ask who his opening band was. I was thrilled that he answered me! 
   Charlie Daniels is 79 years old and can still play those instruments like a young 'un. It was obvious that he was feeling his age and had to eventually sit on a stool. It still didn't stop the energy. I hope I get the chance to see him play again. 

  I enjoy my freebies. There is no secret there. I mentioned the website PINCHme before. Last Tuesday they put out new freebies for the day. Unfortunately, I didn't qualify that day for a box of goodies, but when I looked at my email I was given a free magazine subscription. I chose This Old House....because I have one. I have so many free magazine subscriptions now that I am sure my mail lady cusses me daily. Trying to catch up on reading them is becoming a chore, so I guess I really need to stop ordering them. In reading some freebie sites, I was given a magazine and others seemed to have been given $5. So this site seems to be an honest and good one. 

   I checked my Ebates account to see how much money I should be getting the next time they mail them. It is up to $15 and change. I didn't realize that I even got money back from my small purchase from ebay. I like that! 

Buy great gifts for $14.99 or less at Collections Etc.

FREEBIES

Butterfly Garden Starter Kit
Free

Free Colgate Toothpaste sample
Free

Get rewarded for shopping online



SWEEPSTAKES

Check out my Sweepstakes Page for more contests to enter

Win a birthday gift basket full of baked goodies
Win

Instantly win Hawaiian prizes.
Win

Mother's Day Gift Basket
Win

Win a 39 month lease for a Mustang or gift certificates for AutoZone
Win




TURN OFF THE TV...AND START A COLLECTION



Pennants from different states or events

Key chains

Things with holes

A favorite animal like elephants, horses, owls, or even unicorns or dragons

Stickers kept in a photo album or sticker book

Things that are your favorite color

Stamps

Coins

Things with hearts

Seashells

Rocks

Feathers

Dried flowers

Decorative magnets

Button pins

Pennies. Try to get one for each year they have been made

Matchbox cars

Bottles

Bottle caps

Beads

Items from your favorite actor, singer, band, scientist, astronaut, etc. Keep a scrapbook of articles.

Postcards

Autographs of famous people




No comments:

Post a Comment